Monday 1 August 2016

#ReadThemAllThon TBR


Hey everyone!

The wonderful Aentee from ReadAtMidnight created an amazing, Pokémon-inspired readathon!
It will be held from Sunday 14th of August till Sunday 4th of September, and of course, I want to join in! Today, I will be sharing my TBR pile for this readathon, and I'll show you which Pokémon I will be teaming up with. For all the rules and specifics, please check out Aentee's original sign up post.




First, let's see my trainer card. I choose Caterpie as my Pokémon for this readathon. Now you might think that's a weird choice, because this isn't the coolest or strongest Pokémon, but as a child, Butterfree was my favourite. The main goal for me is to read as many books as I can, and to make sure my little Caterpie becomes a beautiful Butterfree.

Since there are 8 Gyms in the Indigo League, there are 8 challenges in this readathon. Read all 8 books and you can earn the badges! Here is my TBR:

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir. I've been wanting to reread this one, and with A Torch Against the Night coming out at the end of the month, this readathon came at the perfect time. All the details will be fresh in my memory! I of course asked if a reread is okay for this readathon, and it is! 
446 pages. Potential points: 44 + 20 = 64.

Always With Love by Giovanna Fletcher. This is the sequel to Billy and Me, which I absolutely loved, and which also made me cry. I'm expecting this one to make me cry as well.
400 pages. Potential points: 40 + 20 = 60. 

And I Darken by Kiersten White. I've heard so many people talk about this already, and it keeps popping up on my Instagram feed. There's a lot of hype surrounding this book, so it's a perfect fit.
475 pages. Potential points: 47 + 20 = 67.

None of the Above by I.W. Gregorio. This novel is about a teenage girl who discovers she's born intersex... and that's really all I know. I kind of want to let this book surprise me completely.
328 pages. Potential points: 32 + 20 = 52.
 
On the Other Side by Carrie Hope Fletcher. The cover of this book reads 'A love story like no other', and that's basically why I picked it for this challenge/gym. I'm really looking forward to reading this, even though I'm hearing mixed things about it. It is, of course, Carrie's first novel, so I don't expect it to be a masterpiece. I really just want it to be a cute, lovely story that might warm my heart.
345 pages. Potential points: 34 + 20 = 54.

The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater. A while ago, I read The Raven Boys, and even though it was slow, I really enjoyed it. This readathon is the perfect time for me to continue on with the series and find out what's going to happen next.
450 pages. Potential points: 45 + 20 = 65. 

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. Last year, I went to Leicester, and that's when and where I bought this one. That's how long I've had it on my shelves, unread. It's about time I picked it up, and my copy has a read door on the cover so it's perfect for this challenge.
420 pages. Potential points: 42 + 20 = 62.

End of Days by Susan Ee. Another book that's been on my shelves for ages. I've read and liked both the first and second book in the trilogy, and I just never picked up the final one. It's time I find out what happens!
435 pages. Potential points: 43 + 20 = 63. 

Potential points in total: 487.
And when my Pokémon evolves, it will gain an extra 50 points. Caterpie can evolve twice, for this challenge at 150CP and 400CP, so I'm going to try and make that happen!
________________________________________________________________________________
 
That's it for my TBR! Hopefully, I'll manage to read all these books and let my Caterpie evolve twice because I want that Butterfree!

Thank you Aentee, for  creating this readathon and for letting us use your beautiful graphics!

If you like this readathon, make sure to check out Aentee's post and if you can, join in!!



Love,

Sharon


2 comments:

  1. This is an amazing readathon tbh, since pokemon has been THE thing for the last couple of months, this is amazing and very creative hahaha
    I love all the books on the list! I hope you get to them all♥ (I also NEED to read The Dream Thieves.. The Raven Boys was SO good!)

    PS, I found you on my twitter so I decided to give you some love and follow your blog :)
    Jumana @ Books by Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic list! I LOVED An Ember in the Ashes, The Raven Boys, and Angelfall, and I can't wait to read the sequels of all three! :-)
    And I Darken and Daughter of Smoke and Bone look so good! I hope you like them all!
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete