Thursday 3 November 2016

November TBR

This TBR is a tiny little bit late, since it's already November 3rd, but I thought I'd still post it. Like other time, this isn't a set TBR, it's more of a guideline, or a reminder of what I want to focus on reading. Let's see which books I picked this month!


Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
Can you believe that I haven't read this yet? Me neither. Well, actually, I can. I'm living the reality of it. Honestly, I've started this already, and I have no excuse, other than I'm scared of what may happen and I don't want it to end. I don't want to part with the Dregs. I want more of each and every one of them. I want a full book on each of our six characters, and I want everything. But since that isn't going to happen, this is all I have. And the fact that it's already ending scares me. Nevertheless, I want to read it, and so I've set the goal for myself to do so in November.
Summary for Crooked Kingdom. Possible spoilers for Six of Crows!!!
Kaz Brekker and his crew have just pulled off a heist so daring even they didn’t think they’d survive. But instead of divvying up a fat reward, they’re right back to fighting for their lives. Double-crossed and badly weakened, the crew is low on resources, allies, and hope. As powerful forces from around the world descend on Ketterdam to root out the secrets of the dangerous drug known as jurda parem, old rivals and new enemies emerge to challenge Kaz’s cunning and test the team's fragile loyalties. A war will be waged on the city’s dark and twisting streets―a battle for revenge and redemption that will decide the fate of the Grisha world.

 

Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
I recently asked on Twitter whether people would recommend this book or not. The response I got was a solid YES, and I found it so convincing that I purchased the Illuminae soon after. I have started it, and have read the first few pages already. It's nothing worth mentioning really, it's not like I'm halfway through, but still. I think this is going to be an entirely new reading experience, and I'm looking forward to it.

Summary for Illuminae.
This morning, Kady thought breaking up with Ezra was the hardest thing she’d have to do.

This afternoon, her planet was invaded.

The year is 2575, and two rival megacorporations are at war over a planet that’s little more than an ice-covered speck at the edge of the universe. Too bad nobody thought to warn the people living on it. With enemy fire raining down on them, Kady and Ezra—who are barely even talking to each other—are forced to fight their way onto an evacuating fleet, with an enemy warship in hot pursuit.

But their problems are just getting started. A deadly plague has broken out and is mutating, with terrifying results; the fleet's AI, which should be protecting them, may actually be their enemy; and nobody in charge will say what’s really going on. As Kady hacks into a tangled web of data to find the truth, it's clear only one person can help her bring it all to light: the ex-boyfriend she swore she'd never speak to again.


The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
This book I've also started last month, but I'm listening to the series on audiobook. Sometimes I just listen, sometimes I read along. I'm almost 300 pages in right now, so I should be able to finish this easily. I also don't want this series to end though, I really struggle with letting characters go. I remember having the same problem with Harry Potter, and the 7th book took me almost a year to read. I don't want that to happen again, I just want to finish series already, which is why that was part of my reading resolutions of this year. Anyhow, I want to finish reading, or listening to, the Raven King. And then probably sob. And then go through it all again because dear Lord, I love these books.
Summary for The Raven King. No spoilers for the previous Raven Cycle books.
All her life, Blue has been warned that she will cause her true love's death. She doesn't believe in true love and never thought this would be a problem, but as her life becomes caught up in the strange and sinister world of the Raven Boys, she's not so sure anymore.
 

All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
Even though this one has received many mixed reviews, I still want to give it a try. I've been eyeing this book at every bookstore and it's been catching my eye online for forever. It's about time that I just go for it and see what I think of it.

Summary for All the Bright Places
When Finch and Violet meet on the ledge of the bell tower at school, it’s unclear who saves whom. And when they pair up on a project to discover the “natural wonders” of their state, both Finch and Violet make more important discoveries: It’s only with Violet that Finch can be himself—a weird, funny, live-out-loud guy who’s not such a freak after all. And it’s only with Finch that Violet can forget to count away the days and start living them. But as Violet’s world grows, Finch’s begins to shrink.


Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
After finishing the Vampire Academy series, I didn't immediately feel drawn to this series. Lately, I've been kind of missing the VA world, and that familiar feel that the books and characters had. After seeing it in a few Booktube hauls and wrapups, and finding it online for only a couple of euros, I decided to just buy it and give it a read. November seems like a good month to do so.
Summary for Bloodlines. Spoilers for the Vampire Academy series!!!
Sydney's blood is special. That's because she's an alchemist - one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives. But the last encounter Sydney had with vampires got her in deep trouble with the other alchemists. And now with her allegiences in question, her future is on the line.

When Sydney is torn from her bed in the middle of the night, at first she thinks she's still being punished for her complicated alliance with dhampir Rose Hathaway. But what unfolds is far worse. Jill Dragomir - the sister of Moroi Queen Lissa Dragomir - is in mortal danger, and the Moroi must send her into hiding. To avoid a civil war, Sydney is called upon to act as Jill's guardian and protector, posing as her roommate in the unlikeliest of places: a human boarding school in Palm Springs, California. The last thing Sydney wants is to be accused of sympathizing with vampires. And now she has to live with one.

The Moroi court believe Jill and Sydney will be safe at Amberwood Prep, but threats, distractions, and forbidden romance lurk both outside - and within - the school grounds. Now that they're in hiding, the drama is only just beginning.
 



And that's my TBR for the month of November!
Thank you all so much for reading.
Until next time!

Love,

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment