Monday 22 February 2016

Booktube made me read it! #1 (+ MIA explanation)


Hey everyone,

It has been two weeks since I last posted on here, and that's actually kind of sad. This blog is one of my favourite things that I've got going on at the moment, but somehow I just couldn't find the energy and inspiration to write anything. Today, I'll explain why, but not in great detail as its personal.




As some of you may know, if you follow me on instagram or perhaps even know me in real life, I suffer from anxiety and depression. The past couple of weeks have been tough and stressful, and things just started taking their toll. It caused many sleepless nights and anxious days, and I'm still not quite over this at the moment. But I am feeling a bit better. I'm sleeping somewhat regularly again, and I am not as sad and frustrated all the time. I'm also able to focus on books (or reading the books) again (not sleeping and being tired make reading one hell of a task).

                                                              My current read :)

So I am here now, writing a new blogpost because the wonderful Regan (PeruseProject) inspired me with her video on this same topic. Books you read because of Booktube.. Man, there are a lot! Which is why, of course, I could easily turn this into a little series.

I discovered Booktube, and Bookstagram, around the same time last year: February. Which is exactly one year ago right now! In that year, I've acquired an enormous amount of books. I mean, it's actually a little ridiculous. Anyway, I'm not here to shame my own book-buying habits (I have my TBR Shame posts for that), but I am here to show you which books Booktube made me buy (and read.. sometimes).

Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas was, and still is, one of the most talked about series in the book community, so this was also the case on booktube. Like many, I saw countless videos on these books and thought they sounded like a lot of fun. I ordered Throne of Glass, the first book, and while I was reading it, I believe I was halfway through the book, I ordered the next two books (QoS wasn't out yet). This is currently my favourite (ongoing) series, if you don't count Harry Potter, of course, because nothing beats Harry Potter.

Around the same time as when I purchased Throne of Glass, I also ordered Cinder, the first book in the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. This was something completely different from anything I'd read before, mainly because I didn't read scifi. Or fairy tale retellings. The fact that I've already wrapped up this entire series shows that it's a good one!

I specifically remember I watched one of Regan's videos on the Penryn and the End of Days trilogy by Susan Ee. Much like scifi, I hadn't ever actually read about angels, so this series was something completely new to me. To this day, I've still only read the first book and half of the second book (yes. Still!), which is ridiculous because I loved the first book so why not continue reading, right? Well, I plan on doing so soon, as I always say and then another pretty book distracts me. But I mean, I will read World After soon...ish. I'll put it differently: I still look forward to reading the rest of the trilogy, and I still plan on finishing it.

That's the first three books (or actually series/trilogies) that I bought because of Booktube.
Have you purchased any of these for the exact same reason? Let me know!


Love,

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment