Monday 7 March 2016

Winter Favourites 2015/2016

Hello everyone,

Today, I'd like to share my Winter Favourites with you. I will pick books from my December, January, and February wrap ups. Coincidentally, I read 7 books each month, so I had 21 to pick from. If you'd like to see my top 5 favourite books of the past 3 months, then come along!


Coming in at number 5 is Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo!
This book is so good, and so is Siege and Storm! I read Shadow and Bone in December of last year, and I instantly fell in love with the Grisha world. Leigh Bardugo is a genius when it comes to creating a world, and writing a kick-ass trilogy about it! The Grisha trilogy is definitely one of my favourites out there!

At number 4, we find Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli.
This book. This. Book! It's so ridiculously cute! I read this straight after Winter because I desperately needed something not as ginormous as that 800-page beauty. I wanted something shorter, and easier, and cuter, and so I picked up Simon. This was such a lovely read, and it left me feeling all warm, and fuzzy, and, best of all, happy.

At number 3, we have Rebel Spring by Morgan Rhodes.
Good grief, this series! Granted, I've only read the first two books even though there are 4 currently out, but you can tell from the start that this is going to be an epic series. So much happens, and we have this great cast of characters. It's just amazing. If you love a good fantasy story, definitely pick it up.

Coming in at number 2, Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.
Last Christmas, I decided to give myself a little gift because it seemed like the perfect excuse to buy this book. Honestly though, you don't need excuses to read this, and you don't have any excuses for why you haven't! This is wonderful, and funny, and just freaking great. I loved every second of it!

 And then, my favourite book of the past Winter, or the past months, or the past year, Me Before You by Jojo Moyes.
Where do I begin. I read this at the beginning of February, after seeing the trailer for the film, and I've been thinking about it every day since. It's amazing how a book can make you feel all these things at once, and for ages after you've finished it. All I can really say is pick it up. Do yourself a favour and read this wonderful story.


That's it for my top 5 favourite books of this past Winter. I hope you liked seeing the books I loved the past few months, and if you've read any of them, I hope you loved them just as much as I did!

Love,

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment