Monday 4 January 2016

January TBR

Hey everyone,

Remember how I told you in a previous post that I just want to read whatever I feel like reading? Don't worry, that's still the case. But I also told you then that I still want to make TBRs, just as a ..well.. a guideline. I have a couple of books that I definitely want to read this year because I already own them, and that TBR shelf needs to shrink!

So in today's post, I will show you my TBR for the month of January. It won't be too big because I don't want to put too much pressure on myself. Maybe this way I'll succeed, and end up adding more books to that Read pile! (Here's to hoping!)
Because some books that I want to read are sequels, I will include the synopsis of the first book in that series, instead of the book I'll be reading. I do not want to spoil anything for anyone.



The first book on my TBR this month is my current read: Winter by Marissa Meyer. This beauty is over 800 pages long, and will conclude this wonderful series. While I look forward to finding out how it ends, I'm also sad to let these characters go.

GoodReads Synopsis for Cinder.:
Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.



Next on my TBR, we have Rebel Spring by Morgan Rhodes. This is the second book in the Falling Kingdoms series, which currently has four books out. In my Bookish Resolutions post I mentioned my challenges, and to tackle the first challenge, I will read Rebel Spring. The Challenge is "Read a book you meant to read in 2015, but didn't". I wanted to read this last year, but I didn't because I got distracted by all the other shiny, new books. This year however, I want to read this, and Gathering Darkness and Frozen Tides, although only Rebel Spring is on my TBR for this month.

GoodReads synopsis for Falling Kingdoms.:
In the three kingdoms of Mytica, magic has long been forgotten. And while hard-won peace has reigned for centuries, a deadly unrest now simmers below the surface.

As the rulers of each kingdom grapple for power, the lives of their subjects are brutally transformed... and four key players, royals and rebels alike, find their fates forever intertwined. Cleo, Jonas, Lucia, and Magnus are caught in a dizzying world of treacherous betrayals, shocking murders, secret alliances, and even unforeseen love.

The only outcome that's certain is that kingdoms will fall. Who will emerge triumphant when all they know has collapsed?

It's the eve of war.... Choose your side.
 

The third and final book for this TBR is Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. Last month, I read Fangirl, in which the main character writes a Fanfic about Simon Snow. This kind of is that Fanfic, and I am pretty excited to read this. I've also heard it reads like a Harry Potter Fanfic, and that actually makes me even more excited!

GoodReads synopsis for Carry On.:
Simon Snow is the worst chosen one who’s ever been chosen.

That’s what his roommate, Baz, says. And Baz might be evil and a vampire and a complete git, but he’s probably right.

Half the time, Simon can’t even make his wand work, and the other half, he sets something on fire. His mentor’s avoiding him, his girlfriend broke up with him, and there’s a magic-eating monster running around wearing Simon’s face. Baz would be having a field day with all this, if he were here—it’s their last year at the Watford School of Magicks, and Simon’s infuriating nemesis didn’t even bother to show up.

Carry On is a ghost story, a love story, a mystery and a melodrama. It has just as much kissing and talking as you’d expect from a Rainbow Rowell story—but far, far more monsters.






That's my TBR for this month! Told you it wouldn't be too big, but I think we can agree that the books I picked are all great! 

Let me know which books you'll be reading, and if you've read any of the books on my TBR, tell me what you thought about them! :)


Love,

Sharon


No comments:

Post a Comment