Thursday 21 January 2016

Unpopular Opinions Booktag

Hello everyone,
I'm sorry this is actually a day late, as tags go up on Wednesday's. Anyway, this time, I'll be doing the Unpopular Opinions booktag!
Disclaimer: Please know that I do not mean to offend anyone, these are just my opinions. My disliking a book does not make it a bad book, it simply means I didn't enjoy reading it.  This doesn't mean anything, since reading is such a personal experience.

Okay, let's do this!



1. A Popular Book or series that you didn't like.
The Maze Runner series. Definitely didn't like that one. I really tried though, I read 1,5 books. Another book I don't like is Allegiant. Mainly because it was obvious from the beginning that the "big" thing that happened was going to happen. Divergent could've been an amazing standalone. 

2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
I can't think of anything. Most things I like are pretty popular or at least loved by many people. Maybe Twilight? But that's still loved by many, even though lots of people 'hate' it.  

3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don't like.
Possible Spoilers ahead for The Infernal Devices (although no names mentioned!):
A Love Triangle that I hated was the one in The Infernal Devices. It was pretty damn clear from the start who Tessa liked, so for her to get engaged to the other guy whilst doubting her feelings.. That's just a dick move, girl. Just be freaking honest.
An OTP I don't like is Clace (Clary and Jace, The Mortal Instruments). I've read book 4 now, and they are getting on my nerves.
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
Contemporary YA, Scifi, Adult Fantasy, Classics.... I'm pretty much in love with YA Fantasy, so that takes up all my time. I'm trying to read different things.. 

5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
Tris Prior from Divergent, Jace Wayland from The Mortal Instruments, Gale Hawthorne from The Hunger Games, Clary Fray from The Mortal Instruments, Edward Cullen from Twilight. I don't know.. I could go on, but let's just leave it at that.. 

6. A popular author that you can't seem to get into. 
John Green and James Dashner (had to Google his name, oops). I just don't like their books. Trust me, I've tried, especially with the John Green books. For some reason, I own 4 of his books, and I only kind of like one and cannot get into any of the others. 
7. A popular book trope that you're tired of seeing. (examples "lost princess", corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
Love triangles for sure. That doesn't happen in real life. If you're in love with someone, and then suddenly you're in love with someone else, you'd better start questioning your love for the first person, either of them, and especially your definition of love. Sure you can like multiple people at a time, but that's not love. Now in books, the Love triangle is usually about 'love', and that's what I hate. You don't love multiple people romantically at the same time. In some books, characters are really just cheating on their partners (which is also disgusting).

I also hate it when females only exist because of men (to help them, serve them, save them, whatever). When they don't do anything just because they freaking want to. Unrealistic as heck. It usually doesn't really happen with the Main Character though, so that's a plus.

8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
The Shiver series by Maggie Stiefvater... Is that what it's called? I have no interest in that. I kind of have a little interest in the Raven Cycle, but I'm almost certain I'll never read that either.
The Beautiful Creatures series... It just doesn't appeal to me.
There are many more series, that I can't think of now. I don't own any of these because I usually don't buy books unless I'm interested in reading them in the near future. 

9. The saying goes "The book is always better than the movie", but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
The boy in the striped pyjamas, and The Perfume. Both are good books, but they're just better in book form.
Other than those two, I'm sure there are films I liked of which I haven't read the book, but those don't count for this list.

Okay guys, that's it for this tag!

Make sure you come back on Saturday to see more of my TBR Shame!


Love,

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment