Saturday 23 January 2016

TBR Shame Saturday #3

Hello everyone,

It's Saturday again, and you know what that means: it's TBR Shame Saturday! Today, I've got three more books for you, or technically there are more if you count the books that come after these ones in their series. As always, I will include the synopsis for the novel, or for the first book in its series.

Let's check them out! :)




The first book of this week: The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson.
At first, this one got me really excited, but now I'm hearing mixed things. I still really want to read it, and I'm still excited! I believe this trilogy wraps up this year, so I could marathon it. (I couldn't, I never marathon series because I have the attention span of a puppy.)

GoodReads synopsis for The Kiss of Deception:
A princess must find her place in a reborn world.

She flees on her wedding day.
She steals ancient documents from the Chancellor's secret collection.
She is pursued by bounty hunters sent by her own father.
She is Princess Lia, seventeen, First Daughter of the House of Morrighan.

The Kingdom of Morrighan is steeped in tradition and the stories of a bygone world, but some traditions Lia can't abide. Like having to marry someone she's never met to secure a political alliance.

Fed up and ready for a new life, Lia flees to a distant village on the morning of her wedding. She settles in among the common folk, intrigued when two mysterious and handsome strangers arrive—and unaware that one is the jilted prince and the other an assassin sent to kill her. Deceptions swirl and Lia finds herself on the brink of unlocking perilous secrets—secrets that may unravel her world—even as she feels herself falling in love.


Up next we have Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi!
This seems so interesting! I tried reading this last year, and I don't even know why I didn't finish it. Basically, I just need to pick it up again and freaking finish it already!

GoodReads synopsis of Shatter Me: 
I have a curse
I have a gift

I am a monster
I'm more than human

My touch is lethal
My touch is power

I am their weapon
I will fight back


Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.


Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.


And the last book for now: World After by Susan Ee!
I really enjoyed reading Angelfall, and I actually started World After sometime last year. After about 140 pages, I just wasn't feeling it at the time and I picked up something else. It's ridiculous that I haven't finished this yet, considering how much I liked the first book. And I've heard such good things about End of Days, I just really want to finish this and find out what happens.

GoodReads synopsis for Angelfall:
It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.


That's it again for now. I'll be back next Saturday with more!


Love,

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment