Saturday 16 January 2016

TBR Shame Saturday #2


Hello everyone,

It's time for part two of my TBR Shame series! This was quite a popular post last week, so I'm glad you are enjoying this as well. Either that, or you enjoy seeing books I haven't read yet and thinking "How can you not have read that yet!" *loud gasp!*. To be fair, I don't know either. Well I do know, I get distracted by other shiny, new books, as I have mentioned before. Of course, if a book is a sequel in a series, I will only add the synopsis for part 1 of that series. No spoilers :)

Anyway, that's enough chit-chat, let's just get on with the next few!


Up first we have Vicious by V.E. Schwab.
Okay, this isn't as bad as any of the others because I only just recently got this as a Christmas present. But I seriously need to start reading Victoria's books! This has been out for a while, and I've wanted to read it for ages. For some reason, I never picked it up and so I never read it. Now I own it though, so hopefully I'll get to this soon!

GoodReads synopsis for Vicious:
Victor and Eli started out as college roommates—brilliant, arrogant, lonely boys who recognized the same sharpness and ambition in each other. In their senior year, a shared research interest in adrenaline, near-death experiences, and seemingly supernatural events reveals an intriguing possibility: that under the right conditions, someone could develop extraordinary abilities. But when their thesis moves from the academic to the experimental, things go horribly wrong. Ten years later, Victor breaks out of prison, determined to catch up to his old friend (now foe), aided by a young girl whose reserved nature obscures a stunning ability. Meanwhile, Eli is on a mission to eradicate every other super-powered person that he can find—aside from his sidekick, an enigmatic woman with an unbreakable will. Armed with terrible power on both sides, driven by the memory of betrayal and loss, the archnemeses have set a course for revenge—but who will be left alive at the end?

Up next: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
I don't even want to tell you how long this has been on my shelf for already.. Okay fine! Approximately 5 years... I know, I know. *hangs head in shame*

GoodReads synopsis for Pride and Prejudice:
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife."

So begins
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen's witty comedy of manners--one of the most popular novels of all time--that features splendidly civilized sparring between the proud Mr. Darcy and the prejudiced Elizabeth Bennet as they play out their spirited courtship in a series of eighteenth-century drawing-room intrigues.

The last book for now: City of fallen angels by Cassandra Clare.
City of Bones was first book that was ever a "currently reading" on GoodReads for me. And I read City of Ashes and City of Glass last year as well. And then? I stopped. Why? Well, actually, because book three felt like an ending, and then I read that it was supposed to be a trilogy, but that Ms Cassandra Clare had just pooped out written an additional trilogy (essentially, in a way...) She made it a six-book series, and I did not feel like continuing at that time..
At the moment, however, I kind of feel like reading the rest of the series.

Added bonus TBR shame books are obviously City of Lost Souls and City of Heavenly Fire. And yes, I have been spoiled for that last one.. Dang it.  


GoodReads synopsis for City of Bones:
When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder― much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing―not even a smear of blood―to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know...



That it again for this week! Next week, I'll show you some more books that are currently on my TBR pile!


Love,

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment