Saturday 2 January 2016

Most anticipated reads of 2016


Hello everyone,

The time has come for me to share my most anticipated reads of 2016! Today I will share the new releases, and some older books, that I am most looking forward to reading this year. I've got quite a few, so I won't going into too much detail because we'd be here forever. Let's just get started right away!



First up, Carry On by Rainbow Rowell! Last year, I read Fangirl, which I absolutely adored. As you all know, the main character Cath writes a fanfic, called Carry On, based on the Simon Snow stories (which are obviously based on Harry Potter). I've read that this reads like a Harry Potter fanfic, and I must say, I look forward to it.

One of my last reads of 2015 was Shadow and Bone, the first instalment in the Grisha trilogy. Since Six of Crows takes place in the same world, I shall finish the trilogy first (looking forward to that too!), and then I will pick this one up.

I mentioned Angelfall in my Top 9 of 2015 post, and writing about it (and Raffe!!) made me realise that I need to finish this. But most of all, I want to finish it because I want to know how it ends. Several people I follow on Instagram have talked about how End of Days was such a good end to the trilogy, but before I can go there I obviously need to read World After first.

The next book, or books, I look forward to reading is Snow like Ashes by Sara Raasch, and with that of course (or probably because I don't know if I like it yet), Ice like Fire. I don't know too much about this series, but I do know many people loved it. And that's good enough for me to already own Snow like Ashes, and to want to read it.

The last of the previously released books on my list, the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson. During my year on bookstagram and watching booktube, I've heard so much about this. I've heard people absolutely rave about this trilogy, so I'd put it on my wish list for Christmas. So on Christmas Day 2015, Santa (or in this case, my brother (Thank you!!)) gave me the gorgeous, white UK edition boxset. I am over the moon and it's so incredibly stunning! I cannot wait to dive into this world.

The first of the new releases is Passenger by Alexandra Bracken. This novel sounds so cool! It's got time travel and everything! Luckily, it's release date is in a few days, and it has been spotted in some stores already!

Also being released pretty soon, and possibly already out there in the world somewhere; Truthwitch by Susan Dennard. I don't know too much about this, but what I've read about it sounds amazing, so I'll be sure to pick this up when I can.

Soon we will be able to finally continue reading the Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard. Glass Sword will give us a map as well! To me, a map really adds something to a story. I constantly flip back and forth between the map and the story when places are being mentioned because I want to know who's where and how far apart they are and what not. Really looking forward to this one, although I might have to give Red Queen a quick little reread to refresh my memory.

Even though the Lunar Chronicles have ended, we won't have to leave this world behind just yet. Marissa Meyer is giving us the gift of a bind-up of novellas, one of which taking place after the events of Winter. While writing this post, Winter is still my current read, but I'm glad to know it isn't over right after this. Not really.

The first novel by the wonderful Carrie Hope Fletcher is due this year as well, and I could not be more excited. Carrie is one of my favourite YouTubers, and I've known about her for ages because I'm a Galaxy Defender (McFly fan). To be honest, she's just one of my favourite people, and I'd recommend her videos and book All I Know Now to pretty much anyone. On the Other Side promises to be an interesting read and I'll most likely try to get my hands on it as soon as I can.

Ahh look at this glorious picture of Frozen Tides by Morgan Rhodes. This just came out in December of 2015, so I don't see the next one coming out any time soon. It'll most likely be December of this year, but man, it'll be worth the wait. Falling Kingdoms was an amazing start to this series, and I've heard such good things about the sequels, from so many people! I cannot wait to get back into this world and find out what'll happen after the last moments of Falling Kingdoms.

Look at these magnificent covers. I cannot wait to add the fifth one to my collection (or shall I say sixth because of tAB?). This is my absolute favourite ongoing series and thinking about the fifth book just makes me make the loudest, most fangirly squeaks. I. LOVE. THIS.

And finally, the sequel to my number 1 read of last year, A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir. AEITA blew me away, and it pretty much just left me speechless.


What are your most anticipated reads of this year?


Love,

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment