Monday 11 January 2016

My Reading Journal



Hey everyone,

Recently, I've been seeing these around more often, and I think they'd be really fun! I'm talking about Reading Journals. Of course, there's GoodReads that very kindly does almost all the work for us, but I like the idea this little personal diary of all the books you've read, are reading and perhaps even the ones you want to read in the future. The best part is that, similarly to the books we love so dearly, it can't crash, it doesn't need time to load, and you can't lose your password to it. I mean, you could obviously lose your Reading Journal altogether, but who would do such a thing! (heavy sarcasm ;))




I'm currently keeping my own Journal, just in a little notebook, but there are also some really nice ready-to-use ones for sale out there. In it, you can obviously fill in the title and author of the book you are reading, but also the number of pages, your rating, details such as publication date, and some even have little sections for comments and notes. That's exactly what I love about this. I must admit, I already like the idea of journaling in general, adding books in the mix just makes it all the more entertaining!

(Please, ignore my messy handwriting.)

At the moment, my Reading Journal is this basic thing that I write in myself. I just put a little tag on the cover saying "Reading Diary" (so original, I know), and I started writing down the books I read last year, the rating and number of pages. Then I obviously started to list for this year, which currently has two books on it because I finished reading Winter and also completed Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda last week.  While I like my Journal, I'd very much prefer to own a neat "official" one.  I think that's because everything is in one place.
For example, the Journal below works like this. There are 2 pages per book. On one page you write the details, such as title, author, pages, etc., and then on the other page you can write comments, quotes, and notes.



So, what do you think? These are fun right? Do you use a Reading Journal, GoodReads, or maybe both like I'm trying to do at the moment? I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions on keeping a Journal just for books.


Love,

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment